Denver Criminal Defense Lawyer
Behind every successful Colorado criminal defense is a great Denver criminal defense lawyer. They are the ones who actually live by the code – innocent until proven guilty.
Criminal cases are a lot more serious than civil cases.
You could face prison time and heavy fines as a penalty. It could give you a criminal record and destroy your career. So, if you’re being charged in a criminal case, you need to act quickly and hire a skillful Denver criminal defense lawyer.
The Denver Legal team believes in a proactive defense instead of taking a wait-and-see approach. Criminal litigation is extremely time-sensitive with little margin for error when it comes to the quality of evidence.
The first few days of your criminal defense before or after an arrest could make or break your case. no time to waste. It’s important to stay one step ahead of the prosecution. We need to know the ins and outs of the case to craft a personalized legal strategy for you.
Don’t worry about the accusations. Our criminal defense lawyers will ensure you feel comfortable and supported throughout the case. But it’s important to approach us early and be as transparent as possible.
The earlier you call us, the faster we can locate evidence and witnesses to build an airtight legal defense.
Our firm’s early rise to fame was on the back of multiple high-profile criminal defense settlements for our clients in Colorado. This trust and success helped us serve more than 2,000 clients over the past 25 years.
Call us for a FREE consultation for your criminal defense case. We’ll give you a roadmap of what to expect ahead and how to proceed with the next steps.
What Sets Denver Legal Team Apart?
Leonard A. Martinez founded The Denver Legal Team with one mission – to defend, strengthen, and serve his Colorado community. Leonard has been featured in the Top 100 Attorneys magazine.
Over the last 25 years, we have built a thriving network of lawyers, judges, associates, experts, and clients. We use every resource available to build your defense. We have also secured multiple six-figure and seven-figure settlements for several clients.
Thanks to our streak of high-profile successful criminal defenses, our satisfied clients did the marketing for us. Most of our new cases still come through our client referrals – a testament to the trust and reliability we’ve established serving over 2,000 clients.
What Types of Criminal Cases Does the Denver Legal Team Handle?
Our team has successfully resolved a wide range of criminal cases for our clients, including:
- Drug crimes
- DUI/DWAI cases
- Sex crimes
- Theft crimes
- Domestic violence cases
- Juvenile criminal cases
- Probation violation matters
Based on the circumstances of your case, we can choose from a variety of defense strategies for the best outcome.
Here are some of the most commonly used legal defenses in criminal cases:
- The Innocence Defense – Do you completely deny that you committed the crime you’re charged with? Are you ready to challenge the accuser? Then your legal team can use the innocence defense to defuse the situation. We will gather evidence to prove that you had no link to the crime and identify all the flaws in the allegations against you.
- The Alibi Defense – The company you keep can be your saving grace. Was there anyone with you around the time the crime was committed? They can be a key eyewitness for your case to testify that you had nothing to do with the crime. Your legal team can even gather video evidence to document your whereabouts when the crime took place.
- Self-Defense – Every American is allowed to use force to protect themselves from harm. Self-defense is your legal right. It’s a perfectly valid defense in situations where your life is under threat by someone. As long as you have a strong reason to believe someone can cause you imminent harm, you can take action. Your lawyer can use this defense to protect you in court.
- Duress Defense –Were you forced to commit a crime against your will? Did someone threaten to hurt or kill you if you didn’t go through with it? If yes, then you can use the duress defense. Your legal team will prove the liability of the party that threatened you to defend your rights. It’s common to see this defense used in kidnapping, robbery, and extortion cases.
- Consent Defense – Did the victim of the alleged crime willingly consent to your actions? For instance, if someone willingly hands you their car keys and asks you to drive them to their vacation home, they can’t accuse you of kidnapping.
- Constitutional Rights Defense – The investigating officers and prosecutors can sometimes jump the gun trying to prove you guilty. They may intentionally or unintentionally violate some of your constitutional rights during their interactions with you. That’s why your legal defense team ensures you share everything that happened since the authorities got involved. They can use the constitutional rights defense to exclude any evidence gained by violating your constitutional rights.
How Does the Denver Legal Team Achieve Desired Results for Clients?
The Denver Legal Team puts trust and transparency at the center of all our client relationships. Our lawyers know how to handle your case with a balance of sensitivity and attention to detail.
It helps our clients stay relaxed while our lawyers focus on crafting a winning legal strategy. The settlements and verdicts we aim for are tailor-made to give you the physical, mental, and financial security you’re looking for.
What Services Are Offered to Potential Clients?
You deserve to be heard and guided in your time of crisis without worrying about the costs. That’s why we offer a free online consultation with our skillful criminal defense lawyers. They will review your case details and give you an initial case evaluation.
Our team is available round the clock to support you. So we’ll respond to every message and call as soon as possible.
Why Does the Denver Legal Team Focus on the Long-Term Impact of Convictions?
Remember, a criminal record can push you into a permanent downward spiral. Once you’re convicted, your criminal record will be easily accessible. It can limit your career opportunities, sabotage your social life, and create many legal barriers.
You can find it difficult to get credit or even rent a home. Suspicion will follow you around like a shadow. You need the light of legal representation to clear your path of these obstacles. But you need to act early. Criminal cases are fast-moving and time-sensitive. It’s time to get a headstart in your criminal defense case.